Thursday, April 2, 2009

No, not really.

I was thinking the other day about how many gossip columns I read a day. That is when i realised how i got addicted to them last year, which is the same way I am hoping to get addicted to this blog. While minding my own business checking out peoples profiles on Facebook a friedn of mine send me a link saying check out so and so's dress and me loving clothing the way I do... there i was clicking my heart away.

And that is where it started, oh this dress is nice oh that celebrity looked so good. OMG I wish SA sold that bag... until one fateful day i started readding the text e.g. Pimp Pays Prostitute With Chicken Nuggets. LMAO is what i thought! The pimp did what?? Oh then it was Parios Hilton spotted walking across the road (Okay?? Is she supposed to crawl), But then ( Ia m not a gossip person) there were jucier ones like. Chris Brown beats down Rihanna... I am sad to admit that a couple of friends and i threw in a couple of laughs at this ... that was not right. A few months later the less enlightend ones of us got a beatdown from their men too... soooo sad.

That is besides the point. The point is I found myself stuck to these columns, so everyday it would be e-mail, facebook, twitter and the gossip columns I could read them for hours. The harsh realisation that it had to come to an end came to me the day I found myself asking a friend at a party if she had heard about Mariahs marriage... I am glad to say there are some sane people out there because i was met with a blank stare. Where had my mind gone?? Was I an air head now?? A Metro FM penny Lebyane listener?? Oh my... I had lost myself in the middle of all my work boredom and become the giggle girls that i look at with disdain. Before my addiction I thought Lady Gaga was a light skinned black chick. People have a right to privacy whether they are public figures or not. and when i was addicted i forgot that.

So my question is do these columns and magazines do anything for a girl like me? No not really is the answer. And form today onwards I am dealing with my addiction.

P.s. The pimp thing was funny though

No comments:

Post a Comment