Monday, March 8, 2010

The dream

I woke up one morning and had a waking dream, I saw myself from outside of me - I saw how the world saw me, rather how I wished they saw me. When I rose from my sheets, I turned to my right and gave you a morning kiss, walked to the bathroom brushed my teeth and felt your breath on my neck as you kissed me gently and said: “Hey you!” I ran the bath water and we jumped in and scrubbed each other’s backs.

This was my awake dream but you were there…
We got dressed, laughed at a joke, picked up the car keys, I grabbed a notebook, you grabbed a sketch pad – we smiled, locked the door and off we were, our separate ways, the day was about to begin.

You found a beautiful park and created brush stroke interpretations of the world around you, your pencil danced lightly over images that your eye caught and your mind dissected. You smiled as you felt the joy of creating something you love.

I sat in a padded room with deaf ears, but feeling notes with every other sense, I turned them to melodies and heard my heart harmonize to the beats. I created a song, the one about you, in the back of my head Nina gave an award winning performance… I felt waves of love move through my back, I smiled as I felt the joy of creating something I loved.

That night, for the first time, and only in my awake dream, I sat in front of my drums, notebook open, microphone ready, drumsticks in hand. I start the tune, sing the tune, the base guitar goes off, I hit the drums, the piano starts, I am nervous, I look at the crowd – you’re there. I’m alright, actually I’m good, good at this, loving this, loving you, loving you with my song.

We’re home, it’s a late night, we are drunk, everything’s funny. Hash? I open the door and there, right there on the center of my wall, the most beautiful painting I had ever seen. Your love, my love, we good, good at this, love this, love me, love you.

Then I went to bed and my dream ended

1 comment:

  1. That post ended with a twist of M.Night Shayamalan proportions, I didn't see that one coming

    ReplyDelete