Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Hey Mr Government... kiss my *$@#

Ola! Eita! Dumelang! Moweni! Sanibonani! Ahe! Hello! Hallo! There I tried a new way to start my post and it still sounds like crap. So, what to talk about today, actually I am rather angry as I write this. I am actually disgusted and yes, this may be a late reaction (well, at least a late public reaction). My reaction is late because I had to sit and think about how disgusted I am at the way things are going and I had to decide what I thought was worse.
So, babies are dying, people are dying! Is it possible that we human beings have become so arrogant that we think that we can decide who can live or not? As, some of you may know, I believe in the preservation of human life, no matter what the circumstances and yes I do not believe in the death penalty either, like I said I believe in the preservation of human life.
I don’t watch the news, but I drive around a lot, so I get to hear what is going on via my jollopies radio (wireless). Lately the strikes have taken up most news reports and because my sister is in the medical profession I get to hear how bad it is in the hospitals; Like Bara where there was just one Nurse working on attending to thousands of patients. And it’s not just the nurses that are at this the teachers are at it too. In other words no health care and no education.
Before I sound too judgmental and subjective, I understand that they had to make good enough demonstration to get their demands met – understood. Yet, I think to myself there could have been other solutions to this problem, rather a less brutal manner of putting the point forward.
The teachers are striking this means that kids in public schools are not learning anything until the strikes stop. We already don’t have the best standard of education at public schools and now the kids are already two weeks behind. Now imagine if you were the dumbest kid in the class and you were already having a hard time getting by and now, you have to deal with not going to school, which in your case with your lacking IQ, you are pretty much fucked. So, I would guess that it is safe to say that there will be a few kids that will be repeating classes next year. That kinda sucks… learning the same stuff that you did the year before, because the government had no idea what inflation was (morons). The teachers piss me off, yes they do, because at the end of the day to take a job like that you should be putting the kids first, but the nurses make my stomach turn.
These bloody nurses… are rotten the whole lot of them. They make me so mad I could throw things at them… those idiots with bad hairlines. Now nurses take a Hippocratic Oath right and in that oath although I do not have the exact details I am pretty sure that it states they should at all times preserve life and so, far during their strike they have caused so many deaths… even babies! Babies are not being fed; patients are being turned away from the hospitals women are giving birth on pavements. Really? Is this how it is going down? Letting people die for money, I understand that nurses are not getting paid enough, but to let someone die for money? I am shocked, appalled, disgusted and every other word that describes a person who is sickened by another’s actions.
So, what message am I reading from this… well, Mr Government sitting in front of your DSTV big screen eating KFC and washing it down with a Mcflurry ice cream, I see that you are telling me to go right ahead and die sick, ignorant and uneducated. In SA we have a huge gap between the have and the have nots. Thank God, Mr Government’s child is in a private school and they have state paid medical aid and all in all this bull shit doesn’t not affect them. So, I sit there and I think; oh so, because I am poor it’s ok for me to not get education and health care for a while. It is ok to let my family die, because we can’t go to Sandton Medi Clinic. Well I say Fuck you then! Just pay the people for God’s sake and stop this embarrassing display.
To the Nurses and teachers, you should be ashamed of yourselves! Especially the Nurses, you should be embarrassed when you look in the mirror when brushing your teeth. I understand that you are underpaid and frustrated… and yes, the government should hear you out. But is it worth all those lives? All those young idle minds?
To you the reader, what are you doing? Are you sitting there shaking your head and saying: “OMG this is terrible and then going home to your Weylandts couch and Sony Bravia, perched on top of a stand with all the bestselling titles ever released? How about getting off your virgin active yoga ass and doing something!!! It’s time you got angry too!!! Time you drove that shiny car of yours to a hospital and brought food for the babies, or even drove to a township and tutored some kids that are sitting idle. Shaking your head and saying ‘OMG its so wrong’ is not helping anyone.
DO SOMETHING.

No comments:

Post a Comment