Monday, April 12, 2010

How dare you love my blackness

And so they suffered through times of hardship and endured bruises on their dark unsightly skin. For years they worked on fields and looked forward to a lynching or two. Hey they even got kicked out of their own land and were treated like animals! Oh yes, but they fought until they cried blood and sweat tears. What do they have to show? They gained freedom! But who arr they? Aah yes, they are those beautiful black men that we love. Lets not forget the women that fought just as hard if not more. Yet this is not about that struggle. No its about the way you love my blackness. A woman I am - your love is a strange struggle that tears me down to my soul. Remember yesterday I was the flower that poped out of your eyes yet today I am everything you never want. Is it because the bruises u left on my body are unsightly. Or is it because my nappy hair and dark skin do not suite your life. Maybe it is the spirit that burns in my eye and gives life to the dead. You love my blackness because you think you understand... Black man black man... Why do u treat us so? Love me entirely - my soul has no colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment